Thursday, April 27, 2006

my music preference; meme

I purchased the last CD of the essential Joshua Bell.

And I'm very happy about it. I'm currently listening to it right now. Although, the CD has none of the tracks I actually want to hear from here, I'm nonetheless very, very happy that I bought it.

Listening to music like this always soothes me and makes me feel... I don't know, me.

This kind of music, I appreciate because it's true to it's classification - "Classic". Which means, it can withstand the test of time. It was and still is appreciated.

It's something which, when listened to, can evoke emotions and imaginations within one's self, which is something I rarely find in most contemporary music. I mean, sure. Contemporary music can do that too, but it's because they use words. Without out words, the melodies of most contemporary music sounds pretty much the same.

Note that I say most. Because, even if not many know it, I'm still a fan of contemporary music. Of course, I'm an average teenager, and songs which can express me like some of the contemporary music does, I pretty much adore.

It's just that, classical music, especially the instrumental, chamber and orchestra music, are music which, to me, can best express and best be expressed.

One track can go from sad to happy to angry to lonely to frightening and back to happy again. One of which is what I like most about music. The contrast.

I think it's funny that ever since I was a little kid, I have been attached to classical music.

Back then, when in the car and my brother's going from station to station to look for a good tune, whenever I hear the strings and all the other instruments, I'll immediately say "Yun!!" and then cry when kuya continue to flip through the stations. I'll insist that he tune it back to the classical station and persist until I grow tired, accepting the fact that I'm the only one who appreciates classical music.

Come to think of it, I thought myself weird for liking it and preferring it. But as I grew up, I eventually just said that it was no big deal. I have my own taste, they have theirs. and in my opinion, my taste is better than everyone else's. xD

Of course, I understood then that everyone has his own preference. And I understand that even now perfectly.

I just can't help but hate it when people generalize my preference. I mean, yes, I prefer classical music and I sing it, but that doesn't mean I know nothing of the contemporary music! I share the same liking for contemporary music with other people who knows naught about classical music.

And just because I prefer it, doesn't mean I always listen to it. I mean, I listen to it quite often but I listen to modern music more.

Although, a lot of times, I wish for people who're familiar with the music I prefer. I know so few that I grow quite fond of them easily. Well... most of them anyway.

I have a confession though...

One reason why I grow so rather attached to classical music (preferably chamber and orchestra), is because when I listen to it, it reminds me my dreams. Not just that, but this vision which I so clearly see that when I see it, when I imagine it, I just know someday it'll happen. You know that tingly, happy feeling, and you feel it inside, you feel it in your heart and you just...know.

Hahaha. I'm not making any sense am I? ^_^;

Well, that's pretty much how I feel towards classical music. I would soooo like it if and when I meet people who are fond of the same genre of music but at the same time, versatile in their taste. :)

It's already 12:42 in my clock and I feel like I've written a novel. But if you read as much as until this part, kudos to you. :) I love you! It shows that you value what I've got to say (unlike some people I know...).

Gute nacht, sweet dreams and take care! ^_^

♥♥♥

1. hindi masarap ang hamburger kapag walang...?> cheese
2. hindi kompleto ang araw ko kapag..?> hindi ako tumawa o ngumiti at kumausap ng kahit sino.
3. hindi masaya ang party kapag walang...?> tao
4. ang pamilya ay d masaya pag walang?> understanding
5. ang IHG ay masaya kapag...?> what's IHG?
6. masarap manuod ng sine kapag...?> walang epal na tao sa audience
7. iiyak ka kapag nawala...?> ang saya sa mundo
8. masarap mabuhay kapag...?> Masaya ako at masaya rin ang mga nasa paligid ko
9. madalas kaming magaway ng kapatid ko kc...?> hindi kame nagkakaintindihan.
10. gusto kong magpunta sa...?> america kung nasaan ang nanay ko para magshopping kame. xD
11. hindi masaya ang inuman kapag wlang...?> iinumin. (na tubig. xD)
12. masarap maging lalake kc...?> well, mas masarap maging babae.
13. umiinom ako ng beer kc...?> pag ino-offer sa akin ng magulang ko o pagmay social drinking. pero hindi yun beer. wine yun.
14. sinabi mo sa isang tao na may feelings ka sakanya kc...?> mas maganda maging honest. at akala ko kasi never ko na cya makakausap or makikita ulit.
15. hindi ka nag resign ngaung taon na2 kc...?> sa position, tinanggap ko kasi ito at kailangan kong panindigan.
16. hindi kompleto ang barkada kapag...?> may kulang na isa??
17. boring ang buhay kapag...?> walang kausap at walang paguusapan
18. masakit magmahal kapag...?> sinabihan ka ng taong mahal mo he/she hates you and gusto niyang mawala ka sa buhay niya.
19. malungkot ang buhay kapag...?> walang kumakausap sayo at walang nagaalala para sayo.
20. sinasagutan ko to dahil?> di ako makatulog.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home